Welcome to EXPO
Welcome to ShangHai
2017-6-27

Shanghai Concert Hall

Shanghai Concert Hall
Shanghai Concert Hall was founded in 1930, located on Yan'an Rd and South Tibet Rd of Huangpu District, Shanghai. Originally named Nanjing Drama Hall. In 1949, it adopted the name Beijing Cinema. In 1959, it was named Shanghai Concert Hall till today.

Shanghai Concert Hall was designed by a Chinese architect Fan Wen-jiao, but it adopted traditional European style.

The hall can accommodate 1,122 seats, 640 on the ground floor and 482 on the second floor. The stage is 8.35 meters times 16 meters, covering around 100 sq. meters.

In order to make way for Highway on Yan'an Rd, the hall was relocated in 2007. The construction project embarked at 10 am on April 15, and cost 50 million RMB. It was first lifted by 1.7 meters, and moved south by 66.46, and then lifted a further 1.68 meters at the new site. The project concluded on January 1, 2008.